In 1919 the grandfather of today’s owner bought the inn. The land was also the seat of the Ostbahn Corporation. He transferred it to his son Karl Dietmayr in 1943. Only two years later, just before the war ended, the building burned out completely.
Three years of reconstruction were necessary for the rooms to be usable again. When Karl Dietmayr died in 1960, his wife Maria ran the restaurant by herself with the help of her kids. In 1981 Maria Dietmayr transferred the place to her youngest son Franz Xaver. Because the fabric of the building was obsolete, he and his wife Maria erected a new hotel.
The married couple sees its task in doing gastronomy with heart and for some years now they have been supported by their daughter Franziska.